There are several different ways to remove hair from your body; it all depends on what you want what kind of skin and hair you have, do you want complete hair removal or just temporary hair removal and the cost of hair removal. Cost always seems to be the most important issue and for this reason let’s discuss the 3 cheapest ways to remove hair.
Let’s break it down to the 3 cheapest ways to remove hair temporarily and then the 3 cheapest ways to remove hair permanently.
3 cheap Ways to Remove Hair Temporarily:
• Shaving is the one option that most men use to get rid of unwanted hair. The cost of a razor, blades and shaving cream is very inexpensive and you can shave hair on any area on your body.
The downside is depending on how fast your hair grows you could be shaving every other day, Shaving only removes the hair above the skin and does nothing to retard the growth of hair. So over the long term you will be spending a lot of time and money on having to shave hair.
• Depilatory Creams are another way to remove body hair, these are relatively inexpensive and quite simple to use. Basically you rub the cream on the area where you want to remove hair, let it sit for a few minutes and then wipe the cream off with a warm cloth. The affects from these types of creams, depending on your hair growth can last from 1 week to 1 month.
The downside is these creams have chemicals in them and if not used correctly or if left on too long they can cause burns or rash to your skin. So it is always important to do a test area first to see how your skin will react.
• Waxing is the next cheapest body hair removal treatment that can temporarily remove air. Waxing is where they take a mixture of wax, warm it up paste it to the area you want to remove the hair, and then place a cloth over it and they let it dry and then whisk, pull it off to remove the hair at the roots. The result of this type of hair removal lasts about 1-3 months depending on your hair growth cycles.
The downside to waxing is the pain. This is one of the most painful ways to remove body hair. After all you are pulling the hair out by its roots. The other downside is it is not permanent hair removal andt he hairs will grow back which means you have to keep doing treatments every month or couple of months, this can add to the cost of body hair removal.
Now let’s discuss more permanent ways to remove hair and the cost of these types of treatments.
• Laser hair removal while more costly than the above mentioned procedures it is one of those options that considers the short term and long term affects. With the 3 cheapest treatments you have to continually do them to keep removing the hair. With laser hair removal you have to go for several treatments to get the desired affect but then you only have to go back once a year or every two years for maintenance. With laser hair removal a laser beam is shot down into the area you want the hair removed from and it kills the hair follicles.
This means the hair will not grow back, or if it should grow back (depending on the growing cycle of your hair) it will come in lighter and thinner.
The Downside to Laser Hair removal is of course the cost in the short term, but in the long term it is less costly. The other downsize is depending on the type of hair you have and skin not all the hair will be removed permanently.
• The only way to remove hair permanently is through Electrolysis. It is the only procedure that can make the claim of 100% hair removal. With Electrolysis they take a very small needle and pinpoint one hair follicle at a time, they then shoot a surge of electric into it to kill the hair follicle. This procedure can be expensive, but in the long term you should not have to go back for any more treatments.
The downside besides the cost is that it is a very long procedure do to targeting each hair follicle individually. This is very time consuming. Also some hair follicles can be missed and you would have to go back in again for a touch up procedure but in the long term you do not have to go back so the cost can be well worth the permanent hair removal.
All in all the cheapest way to remove body hair depends on what you want. How large an area you want done, how often do you want bothered with treatments or procedures, what works best on your skin and hair type. Doing research on all these options is the best way to know what is right for you as far as body hair removal.